Have you signed up to a new course and not started it? Booked in for another workshop, event or study option? Feel like you need a new qualification to get started?
Are you looking for the answers, that one big thing that will change everything? Stuck in constantly learning without following it with action?
Could you be stuck in the learning, addicted to the consumption?
Why do we do it and how we get stuck on the consumption wheel?
There are a multitude of underlying reasons, and mostly will be individual to the person.
The problem is that there is no risk in consuming.
There’s no fear of rejection, humiliation, getting it wrong or failure.
Why do we get stuck in consuming, learning instead of taking action? The blocks could be:
- Believing that you need to know everything before you can start
- Don't believe in your own creativity or ability
The Training never stops - Tony Robbins
So how do we move forward?
There are some key questions you need to ask yourself to be able to make this change:
- Do I know one person in the world that I am confident I can help with this information?
- What am I afraid of?
- How can I fulfil my needs for Comfort, Connnection, Certainty or Signifcance in another way?
- How long am I willing to tolerate where I am?
- What's the point of consuming the information if I am not using it?
After International Women's Day I decided to celebrate all the amazing women I have been privileged to interview on the podcast over the last 80 episodes! Let's dive into what it takes to be successful in business from these amazing women,.
On this episode you'll hear from:
---Alana Arvanitis Self Love Takes Dedication & Commitment, Founder Of The Self Love Movement - Episode 42
---Natalie Sellars - Removing toxicity from your life with Natalie Sellars from Kindred Toxin Free Facials - Episode 80
---Kate Toon - Confessions of a misfit Entrepreneur with Kate Toon - award-winning SEO copywriter and SEO consultant, Author and Podcast Host! Episode 65
---Sarah Gale -Wearing your worth with Sarah Gale, Former judge of Project Runway Australia and Founder of Wearing Your Worth - Episode 75
---Jodie Milton - Sex, Conflict & Relationships with Jodie and Reece from Practical Intimacy - Episode 69
---Sam Mutimer - Finding A Way With Sam Mutimer. Founder & Director Of ThinkTank & Scout Social - Episode 37
---Lea Schodel - Are You An Enabler Or Controller Of Your Money With Lea Schodel from The Mindful Wealth Movement - Episode 23
---Terry Hawkins - We came here for a reason featuring Terry Hawkins, CEO & Founder Of People In Progress - Episode 20
---Makenzie Marzluff - Heart-Centred Entrepreneurship with Makenzie Marzluff, Founder of Kakao Ceremonial Drinking Chocolate & Delighted by Hummus - Episode 73
---Kirsten Morrison - Who are you becoming? Episode 32 & 71
So many amazing insights - here's just a few of what we cover:
- Imposter syndrome
- Loosening the expectations on what success in business would look like
- Selfish to hold your gifts back from the world
- Learn to love the journey, love the processes of business
- The downloads that come to you are coming to you for a reason.
- Following what you love
- Overcoming perfectionism
- Being self aware when things aren’t working
- Sales is all about service
- Don’t be scared to be noisy
- Trusting your intuition
- Creating your own story
When you meet Kindred Toxin Free founder, Natalie Sellars, it is easy to understand why her authenticity and passion has helped her build a loyal following of clients and skincare devotees. For 16 years she has honed her craft as a skincare doyenne, having worked and managed leading spas in Australia and New Zealand. For the last three years, Natalie has honored her dedication to and belief in living toxin-free, working to create an exceptional experience that promotes kind beauty. She now uses only the very best organic & toxin free skin care in each ritual. Her “no BS” approach makes her a trusted practitioner genuinely interested in the wellbeing of her clients.
This conversation is so delicious! We cover all this and more:
- Removing toxicity from your life - People and products
- How are you ensuring you're showing up as your best self for your clients?
- Automating to support your self care boundaries
- Weekly business rituals to keep things running smoothly
- What to consider when creating your customer's full experience
- Hiring experts to help with translating what you do to your customer
- Exchanging time for feedback and reviews to build your profile
- Real reviews to grow your business
- Charging and valuing what you do
- Having open communication with staff to support your business to become sustainable long term
- Dealing with mental stress as a business owner
- Understanding your WHY - what are your reasons for doing what you do
- Gather a core group of experts who know what they're doing - your you're not the master of it all
- Check in with what success means to you - regularly
Do you want to leave your 9-5? Not sure how you're going to do it?
Here's what I did and a little hindsight advice!
Here were some key things I did to be able to leave my 9-5 and dive into my business full time:
- Set a deadline and create a plan
- What needs to happen for me to be able to leave your job?
- Create a money buffer
- Maximising your time while you're still in your 9-5
- Grow your business & build your network
- Start & Grow your social media followings
- Create enough work to keep you busy for a couple of months
- Schedule in all the business tasks daily while you're still working
- Show up for your business
- Tell people what you're doing before you jump
Where are your emotions getting out of control? Do you rely on your emotions to make your decisions?
Where do you need to stop overthinking and just take action?
Where would you like to be more disciplined, or more consistent in your life?
What patterns are playing out in your life that are hindering you from taking action and achieving what you want in life?
Success leaves clues and those clues are usually consistency and self-discipline.
You are not always going to feel like it!