All the latest news of the week in tech world, including a Tidal follow-up, finding your Android device, Google Search, Chrome updates, YouTube on older devices, Android Wear, WhatsApp going for a billion and pushes a new iOS update, Twitter testing new functionality and rolling out a new DM option, get a OnePlus One without an invite, Ikea’s wireless charging furniture, Norway shutting down FM radio, the record-breaking Maglev train in Japan, Windows 10 release soon, AdBlock in court, and HBO vs VPN users.
– Follow up: Tidal and importing your playlists from Spotify
– Google launches ‘find my phone’
– Google’s ‘mobilegeddon’
– Chrome installed on your mobile? You can now be tracked
– YouTube app on older devices may no longer work
– Android Wear Updated To Challenge Apple Watch
– WhatsApp on course for a billion active users
– WhatsApp iOS updated with call support
– Twitter testing feature that recognises/blocks abuse
– Twitter DMs for everyone!
– Get a OnePlus One without an invite. OnePlus 2 coming soon?
– Ikea wireless charging (adaptors for non-wireless)
– In 2017, Norway will be first country to shut down FM radio
– Japanese maglev train breaks world speed record for second time in a week
– AMD claims Win 10 to release in late July
– AdBlock wins in court
– VPN users cut off from HBO Now
– App recommendation: Hooks for iOS