During the MFCB-W6 webinar on TEAM BUILDING, I had a great discussion with an attendee regarding his negotiations with a "potential" partner in China.
Q1: What does it mean when my potential partner is non-committal? What can I do?
- EVALUATE "Not willing to sign a contract" vs. "Not really interested to collaborate"
- Align PROCESS before trying to align OUTCOMES
- What do we mean when we say "Align on Process"?
Q2: How do I decide what type of partnership structure works best?
- Ask QUESTIONS vs. State EXPECTATIONS
- Full Transparency doesn't always work in your favor (counterintuitive)
- Create PERCEPTION of being Flexible
- Balance of Extremes (BOE) Cross-Cultural Performance Analysis
Q3: How do I change the dynamics of the negotiations in my favor?
- Avoid the trap of one-way information flow (full transparency mindset)
- Discover if the candidate is the RIGHT Partner
#chinabusiness #china #cldvlog #mfcb #jts20 #partnering #partnerships #negotiations #chineseculture #guanxi